Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Huntelaar Transferring to Birmingham City?



Dutch striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar is looking for a move in the January transfer window to boost his World Cup chances. The Dutchman has been frustrated with his lack of game time at AC Milan following his move from Real Madrid, and is worried about his place in the national squad.

Huntelaar spoke to a Dutch newspaper saying:"I am thinking about leaving. When I spoke with the directors, they comforted me and told me that they have faith in me.

"That's important for me because our national team boss has explained to me many times that you need to play a lot for your own club to then play for Holland.

"I would like to stay in an important league so I can show that I am worthy of being a Milan player. I would like to go on loan and then return."

Huntelaar has previously been linked with a string of EPL clubs, with Tottenham and Manchester United showing strong interest in the Dutchman during the summer. However, with Huntelaar desperate for game time, could Birmingham City be a possible move for the Dutchman? City has reportedly been given £40 million by its owners to spend in the transfer window, and could promise Huntelaar the game time he needs.

0 comments: